What are the 3 NRA rules for gun safety? Here they are:
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
- Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
Here are some other points to keep in mind:
- Know your target and what is beyond
- Be sure the gun is safe to operate
- Wear eye and ear protection
- Store guns so they are not accessible to unauthorized persons
- Know how to use the gun safely
- Use only the correct ammunition for your gun
- Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting
- Be aware that certain types of guns and many shooting activities require additional safety precautions.